Friendly Street Church of God is affiliated with the Church of God in Anderson, Indiana. We are of the Wesleyan/Holiness tradition.
- We believe that the Bible, both Old and New Testament to be the Inspired Word of God, without error in its original writing. It is the revelation of God’s plan for us all.
- We believe in one God, who is supreme over all things. We proclaim that He exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s only Son. He is truly God and truly man. He is the Incarnation to reveal to us what God is like. He is God’s only provision for our salvation through His life, death, and resurrection.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is provided to convict us of our sin, to empower us with the strength to become “children of God.” He will instruct, guide, encourage, and comfort those who trust Him.
- We believe that we are created in the image of God but through sin fell from that image, therefore being lost. Though the work of Jesus Christ we are regenerated to our original image.
- We practice the ordinances of baptism, the Lord’s Supper and foot washing in obedience to our Savior. However, they are not regarded as our means of salvation.
- We believe the Church is composed of all persons who have committed their lives to Jesus Christ and believe in Him for their salvation. We have no formal membership.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church, and that we are in process of growing up into Him.
- We believe in the imminent second coming of Jesus Christ for His bride, the Church.
- We believe in “the priesthood of all believers” and desire that each member of the body exercise his/her Spirit-given gifts to equip and build up the Lord’s church.