Mission & Core Values
Friendly Street is a Eugene church with a long history. Please take a moment to look around and get acquainted. Then please join us—so we can get to know you, too!
We believe God loves us and desires to have an intimate relationship with each one of us. From that belief we understand that our response to His love is to love Him in return and constantly seek Him and grow in that relationship.
LOVE EACH OTHER
We believe that we are instructed by God to love each other as Christ tells us in John 13: “A new command I give you, love one another.” WE are committed to creating and nurturing a grace-filled environment within the church, because we believe that the ability to love each other is developed best through grace.
SERVE THE WORLD
We believe that God has called us to be good stewards of our resources so that we can demonstrate God’s love for the world by serving His people. We are committed to making a difference in this world, both internationally and in our local community of Eugene.
At Friendly Street Church we believe that we have been set apart by God through Jesus Christ, and have been sent out to do God's work.
We therefore have the following core values to help us define our mission:
- People matter to God, therefore, they matter to us.
- We are committed to Worship. We believe it is as essential to the believer as breathing is to the human body.
- We are in the process of becoming fully-devoted followers of Christ. We believe that we need to cooperate with the Spirit of God in making disciples.
- We are committed to building a faith-community where people belong.
- We are committed to being good stewards of all our resources. In the light of the price Christ paid for us, and that everything we are and have belongs to Him, we seek to be responsible caretakers of the material resources that God has entrusted to us.